If you are planning to move to Dubai with your family and looking for complete visa details, you have landed at the right place. In this article, we have covered all that you need to know about a newborn, wife and family visa in Dubai. Read on to know more!
Newborn Visa in Dubai
The process to apply for a visa for a newborn is quite straightforward. The first step in this regard is to obtain a birth certificate. This should be done within 30 days of the birth of your child.
Requirement for The Birth Certificate
The following are the documents that are required to obtain a birth certificate:
- Attested marriage certificate. If it is another language, you must provide a translated copy of it.
- Original and copies of passports and residency visas of both the parents.
- Details about birth notification from the hospital.
- Discharge summary. This can be obtained from the hospital as well.
It is important for foreign nationals to get this certificate attested by relevant authorities, such as the Ministry of Health and Prevention or Dubai Health Authority.
Requirement for the Visa
The Dubai government gives 120 days to arrange the passport and visa of the newborn. In case of a delay, parents will be penalised AED 100 per day. And they won’t be able to exit the country with the baby.
Once you have the baby’s passport, the next step is to get an application form for a newborn’s residency visa from a Tasheel office. Fill up this form and attach the following documents with it:
- Completed visa application form
- Original and photocopy of the birth certificate. It should be attested.
- Passport of the newborn
- 3 passport-sized pictures of the baby
- Original and photocopy of the marriage certificate of parents. It should be attested.
- Copy of sponsor’s passport.
- Copy of salary certificate or employment contract of the sponsor.
- Tenancy contract. It should be registered with RERA via Ejari.
After you have all these documents and paid the residency visa fee, submit them to the GDRFA. Your application will be in process.
Wife Visa in Dubai
The husband must have a salary of AED 3000 with accommodation or AED 4000 without accommodation to be able to apply for his wife’s visa.
Process to Apply for Wife Visa in Dubai
- Fill out the application form at an approved typing centre.
- Submit the following documents at the DNRD office:
- Salary certificate (it should be in Arabic)
- MOFA attested marriage certificate
- Tenancy contract attested by Ejari
- Latest DEWA bill
- Passport and visa page photocopy of the sponsor
- Passport-sized pictures of the sponsor
- Passport photocopy of the wife
- Get a medical exam done at the Dubai Health Centre. You will have to apply for it at the typing centre.
- Change status application
- Apply for Emirates ID
- Get passport stamped
Family Visa in Dubai
The requirements for a family visa in Dubai are similar to that of a spouse visa. However, they can vary depending on who an individual is sponsoring. Some of these are:
- A person wishing to sponsor their parents must provide tangible proof that there’s no one to take care of them back home. Furthermore, they have to deposit a certain amount as a guarantee. Also, they should have a minimum salary of AED 20,000 or AED 19,000 along with a 2-bedroom home. They have to get an annual medical insurance policy for parents as well.
- For a woman to sponsor her husband and kids, it’s mandatory to have a residence permit. It should list her profession as nurse, engineer, teacher or doctor. She must have a salary of AED 8,000 with accommodation or AED 10,000 without accommodation.
- In the case of stepchildren, the sponsor must obtain NOC from the biological parents. They also have to deposit a certain amount for the individual child.
- Single mothers can also sponsor their kids, provided they make a deposit for the individual child. They also have to obtain a NOC from the biological father.
- Daughters can be sponsored only if they are unmarried, while the son can be sponsored if he’s under 18.
The process to Get a Family Visa
- Arranging the required documents
- Opening of the new visa file
- Obtain entry permit
- Get medical tests
- Obtain Emirates ID
- Get insurance
- Visa stamping
Renewal of Family Visa in Dubai
If the family visa has expired, it’s mandatory to get it renewed within 30 days. Otherwise you will face a penalty. You can renew the family visa in Dubai by visiting a typing centre in Dubai. Here’s the entire process:
- Fill up the application form at the typing centre. Both the sponsor and sponsored need to fill their respective forms.
- Submit the required documents. These include:
- Original and copy of passport and entry permit of sponsored
- 3 passport-sized pictures of sponsored
- Copy of sponsor’s passport
- Tenancy contract and the latest DEWA bill
- Sponsor’s salary certificate and employment contact’s copy
- Certificate of medical test of sponsored if they are 15 years or older
- Pay the required fee
Once you have fulfilled these requirements, the renewal process will be started. You will be notified of further developments.