Are you a visitor who discovered a great job opportunity in the UAE but had no idea what to do next? Alternatively, perhaps you have already been to see your husband and want to stay with him in the UAE? You have come to the right place if you said yes to one of these two questions. Converting your visitor visa to a residence visa UAE is the answer to both of these queries. This comprehensive guide will be helpful for those who want to convert your UAE visit visa to a residence visa Dubai. First, we will go over the differences between the two types of visas, the application process, a checklist of required paperwork, and much more. First, you have to know what the visit visa is.
A Visit Visa
A visit visa is a travel entry permit that enables a foreign national to enter the UAE legally and remain there for a set amount of time. Only visas for visits of 30 or 90 days are available. Folks can also apply for a golden visa UAE if they have any special skills. However, an individual with a 30-day visit visa is eligibility a 30-day stay beginning on the date of entry. A visitor with a 90-day visit visa allows staying for up to 90 days, beginning on the day of entry. The airline, hotel, travel agency, or visa processing company must sponsor the visit visa before it can issue as a hard copy or a soft copy.
A Residence Visa
After a foreigner enters the nation, a residence visa Dubai is necessary. A sponsoring entity must meet the requirements of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). In order to be eligible to sponsor an individual for a residence visa. Such as an employer, company, or spouse. For a residence visa issuance. The applicant must demonstrate their medical fitness by passing a battery of tests and making it through a security inspection.
Depending on the type and sponsor, the residence visa’s maximum stay period may range from one to three years. After the residence visa getting, the passport will receive a stamp. This makes it simple for the holder to leave the UAE if necessary while he is a resident. The residence visa will be automatically revoked if the holder spends more than six months outside of the United Arab Emirates.
What Separates A Visitor’s Visa From A Resident’s Visa?
Although the Federal Authority issues documents for both identity and citizenship as well as for customs and port security, their functions are distinct. The Visit visa allows the holder to stay in the UAE for a period of one or three months. However, they do not allow me to look for work. Anyone caught working while in possession of a visit visa will face sanctions as per UAE regulations. Depending on the type of visa. The UAE residence visa is a long-term visa that allows the holder to stay anywhere from one to three years. After that, you can enter the UAE to work on a residence visa without leaving. Residence visa renewal in Dubai is also very easy to work with Docman.
Documents to Submit
To convert a visit visa to a residence visa, you will need to provide supporting documents to the immigration department. Remember that the same documents are also essential for residence visa renewal. In some cases, you will have to leave the country to change your status. In other cases, you can stay in the UAE for a certain period.
- You should be able to prove that you have a good reason for staying in the UAE.
- You can submit a letter of invitation from your friends or relatives in the UAE. A valid return ticket or other proof of residence.
- In addition, you must have a valid passport to be eligible to convert your visit visa to a residence visa in the UAE.
- Original passport
- Medical certificate
- Passport size photos
For those who plan to work in the UAE, you should seek sponsorship from an employer.
This will ensure that you can work legally. In addition, the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoH) issues work permits. These permits are valid for two months and are issued upon completion of all required formalities by the employer.
- Once you have completed the formalities, you can then apply for a residence visa.
What is the Process?
Depending on how long you plan to stay, you can apply for a 30-day visit visa or a 90-day visit visa.
- The government of the UAE issues a UID.
- Every visitor and resident of the UAE is given a unique 6-digit ID number called a UID.
- Your UAE visitor visa is valid for 60 days after it is issued. Your visa will expire if you do not visit the UAE within this time frame, and you’ll have to apply for a new visit visa.
- The file associated with your UID will be labeled as used after you enter the UAE, indicating that you have done so.
- Get a visa for permanent residence.
- If you do not do this before your visit visa expires, you will be fined for exceeding the allowed stay. Your employer or business, who will serve as your sponsor if you have found work, must complete this process. He should serve as your sponsor and submit your residence visa application if you plan to stay with your husband.
- Apply for a new residence visa in Dubai.
- Your UID will be used to create a new residence visa file, and the visitor status will be changed to the resident. Without the candidate leaving the country, the status can be changed.
- Pass a medical test. Your application for an Emirates ID will move on to the following stage if everything is okay.
- You can now get a residency visa.