Family Visa in Dubai

Family Visa

There are innumerable expats working and living in Dubai or UAE. They live away from their family leaving behind their parents, partner, and children. Sponsoring the family to Dubai is not much expensive and one can apply for the visa very easily. You can also hire family visa services in Dubai to help you with the procedure and paperwork.

If your family lives outside the UAE and you want to apply for a family visa in Dubai, you must be eligible for a certain criteria.

A minimum monthly salary is required to sponsor your family to come live with you in the UAE. In order to be eligible for sponsoring your wife or children and get a family visa in Dubai, you should be earning a minimum monthly amount required as per the rules by Dubai government along with having an accommodation.

Along with the family you can also sponsor a family visa for your business partner and employees.

Documents required for sponsoring visa for you wife or children.

To get a spouse visa in Dubai, you should first apply for an entry permit. You will need following documents for their entry permit.

  • A typed application form.
  • For government employee a salary certificate and for the other employees attested work contract is needed.
  • Three months bank statement for long-time residents. If you are a new resident, a bank statement of one month will be needed or a bank letter confirming salary transfer will be sufficient.
  • A tenancy contract attested.
  • Emirates ID card and labor card.
  • For a wife visa in Dubai, a marriage certificate (original and copy) will be needed, that has been attested by UAE authorities (for UAE marriages) or in case the marriage has taken place in your home country. It should be attested there by the concerned ministry, and finally stamped by the UAE embassy in that country. Then, get it cross-attested by the concerned ministry in the UAE.
  • If sponsoring your children, a birth certificate (original and copy, both certified) and a written statement for daughter above 18 years of age testifying that they are unmarried.
  • Passports and copies of the passport of both sponsor and family member.
  • Medical check-up report of wife or children over 15 years of age from the authorized clinic.
  • Passport size photos of the family member with white backgrounds.

Documents required for sponsoring family visa for business partner

  • Typed application form for immigration
  • Bank statement of 3 months
  • License and MOU as a proof of a partner.
  • A deposit of an amount of 3000 per person
  • License and MOU (Memorandum of understanding) with the new partners name, passport and photo attached.
  • Medical checkup report
  • Emirates ID
  • Insurance

Documents required for sponsoring family visa for employee

  • Entry permit
  • A labour contract
  • Employee’s passport copy with validity of 6 months
  • A passport size photo of employee
  • Medical checkup report
  • Emirates ID
  • Insurance

Procedure to apply

The Family visa procedure in Dubai is as follow:

  • Go to a typing center with copies of all the documents and get a typed-up application form. You have to pay a fees per family member, excluding the typing charges.
  • To get the visa approved, submit the application form, entry visa copy, medical certificate and all other documents at (GDRFA) the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai.
  • If your partner is not in the country at the time of application, as soon as they get entry permit and arrive in UAE, it is mandatory to complete medical tests, visa stamping and Emirates ID procedures. This should be done within 60 days from the date of entry.
  • After completing the procedure, you need to change the status of the family member’s visa from temporary to residency without exiting the UAE. You have to pay an amount for changing the status.
  • The family member for whom you want to apply for a residence visa now need basic medical insurance according to UAE Law, so get documents sorted for that as well.

Once you have received the entry permit, you can either send your wife the original entry permit or send a copy and deposit the original at the immigration office of the airport they will be arriving at.

After your wife and children arrive in the UAE, you will need to take them to get a residence visa within the 60 days of their arrival. The same documents will be needed to apply for the residence visa that you needed while applying for the entry permit.

An important point to keep in mind is that the residence partner visa in Dubai only remains valid until he/she is not out of UAE for more than six months at a stretch.

The residence visa remains valid for three years. After this time period, you will need to apply for wife visa renewal Dubai. The process is similar to getting a new visa.

Put Docman at your service

Other Services