UAE & Dubai Visa Updates Docman Blog

Sponsoring a Child Visa in Dubai: Documents and Status

Sponsoring Child Visa Dubai with Required Documents and Change Status

The UAE not only offers a wealth of employment opportunities to both locals and foreigners. However, it also makes for a great location for settling a family. You possess all the qualities required to live contentedly and comfortably in Dubai. In Dubai, full families and single parents can sponsor a child or children. If you are a parent, applying for a Dependent Child Visa Dubai is quite simple. The process involves a few steps. Firstly, the sponsor of the child should be the father.

However, if the father has lost his job, the mother can sponsor the child instead. The child should be under 18 years old. The regulations do not apply to university students. However, after this short introduction, we are going to cover Child Visa UAE sponsorship, its documentation requirements, and the role of change status in this blog. Let us move on:



Sponsorship for a dependent visa for a child is an immigration option that allows an expatriate resident to sponsor a child from his/her home country. In order to sponsor a child, the expatriate resident must be a permanent resident, hold a valid residency permit in the UAE, and support the child financially. Moreover, the child must have valid documents proving that he/she is dependent upon the sponsor. In addition, the child must be under the age of 22 years and be living without a spouse in the UAE.

A parent who works in the UAE can sponsor a child visa in Dubai. A parent who is employed in the UAE will be able to sponsor their child if he/she meets the minimum wage requirements set by the GDRFA. In addition, the parent will need to have health insurance coverage for themselves and the Child visa renewal Dubai. The length of stay for the sponsored child will depend on the employment contract and the job of the sponsor. The child-dependent visa will most likely be valid for the same period as the sponsor’s residency permit.

Currently, expatriate residents who are employed in the UAE may sponsor their children and spouse. In addition, the sponsor must earn at least AED 4,000 a month. Additionally, he or she must also have an accommodation allowance. In case you are, busy and do not know the exact process then you can apply by a visa consultant in Dubai.


What Are The Required Documents for Child Visa Dubai?

If you want to bring your child to the UAE for study or work, you will need to present certain documents to the embassy. One of these is a No Objection Letter (NOC) that must be in Arabic and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the UAE Embassy abroad. If the NOC is in another language, it must translate into Arabic and attested by a Notary Public or Dubai Court. You will also need to submit a Tenancy Contract, which must attest by a Dubai Court or through the EJARI online system. You will also need to submit a recent bank statement unless you are a nurse or another professional.

Another important document is a birth certificate for the child. The certificate must issue by a competent civil registry. Children of married couples will also need proof of sole parental authority or custody.


Why and How To Change The Status?

A parent seeking to change the dependent visa status of their child in Dubai must follow certain procedures. One of the first steps is to obtain consent from the child’s father. This can be done by presenting a bank guarantee of AED 3,050 to the Immigration Department. Once the consent receives, the dependent visa application process can begin.

If the child is under the age of eighteen, the parent must sponsor the child. The child must not be married. If the parent is an adult, the child must be at least 18 years old and be attending school. The sponsorship must be for a period of 60 days. If the child is already studying in the UAE, the sponsor must submit proof of the child’s education. The residency visa renewal UAE process must apply annually until the child completes his education.

The attested passport of the child and the attested birth certificate is also necessary. Then, the passport should be stamped by the UAE immigration services. If the child is born outside of the UAE, the parent must obtain a residence permit or E-visa. Once the visa is stamped, the dependent visa can be renewed for a second time for a fee of AED 100.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.