Getting longer-term in the UAE Green Visa has now become easier than ever, thanks to the new visa types introduced by the UAE government. Two such visas which have garnered a lot of interest among expats are:
- UAE Green Visa
- UAE Golden Visa.
Professional Dubai Visa Services Providers like Docman can help you with the overall application process. We have listed below the key differences between the two so it’s easier for you to apply for the one that best fits your requirements.
UAE GREEN VISA
This is a new visa category. It was announced by the UAE on September 5th, 2021, and is set to launch in 2022 September.
Who can apply for UAE Green Visa?
- Freelancers with an annual income of a minimum of AED 360,000 for the last 2 years or those who can prove their financial solvency for their stay in the UAE.
They’re required to hold a bachelor’s the degree/specialized diploma and freelance or a self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation.
- Skilled employees with a valid employment contract. They should also have a minimum salary of AED 15000/month and should be classified in the first, second, or third occupational level by the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation.
- Investors or business partners. Proof of investment and approval is also required from competent local authorities.
With a UAE Green Visa, you can sponsor yourself for a five years residency program.
Can you sponsor your family with this visa?
You can sponsor your spouse, children, parents, and dependent siblings regardless of their age. You can sponsor male children for up to 25 years. There’s no age limit for unmarried daughters.
THE GOLDEN VISA
The UAE Golden Visa was first introduced in 2019. It grants UAE residency valid for up to years.
Who can apply for a Golden visa?
- Real estate investors with property purchases of no less than AED 2 million.
- Entrepreneurs who fully own or hold partnerships in small or medium enterprises (SMEs) with annual revenue of a minimum of AED 1 million.
- Start-up owners with approval from an official business incubator or from the Ministry of Economy/other local authorities.
- Entrepreneurs who have founded and sold a project for a minimum of AED 7 million.
- Inventors or exceptional talents in the field of art, culture, sports, and digital technology with recommendation/approval from a federal or local government authority.
- Scientists and professionals with high achievements in their respective fields. The visa will be granted based on the recommendation of the Emirates Scientists Council.
- High-performance students and graduates from UAE schools and universities or from the best 100 universities worldwide.
- Humanitarian pioneers and frontline heroes can also apply Golden Visa UAE.
Sponsor your family with this visa?
You can sponsor your spouse, children, parents, and dependent siblings regardless of their age. There’s no limit to the number of children you can sponsor.
This visa also allows you to sponsor an unlimited number of domestic workers.
Below are the key differences between UAE Green Visa and UAE Golden Visa:
The UAE Golden Visa targets people from almost all the recognized and highly profiled professions. It’s aimed at granting visas to individuals working in areas that are essential to the industrial development of the nation. These include medical sciences, commerce, law, and the creative arts. Whereas, the UAE Green visa is limited to those who specialize in commercial activities like investing and entrepreneurial skills.
LENGTH FOR RESIDENCY
The Golden Visa Dubai initiative offers a residency that lasts for up to ten years while the green residency visa offers a residency of a maximum of five years to its holders.
The UAE’s golden residency initiative has made provisions for individuals distinguished in all highly profiled disciplines. These include investors, talented sportsmen, tech specialists, scientists, brilliant graduates, Humanitarian activists, and recognized heroes during the pandemic.
But the green visa initiative has a spot for freelancers as well. Freelancers who wish to apply for a UAE Green Visa have to submit a freelance permit awarded by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. Also needed is a degree or diploma stating their specialization. And finally, evidence of yearly income to ascertain the value they can render.