UAE & Dubai Visa Updates Docman Blog

UAE Child Visa: Answering all the top questions

UAE Child Visa: Answering all the top questions

Just moved to Dubai and looking to apply for a residence visa for your children. Get answers to all your questions regarding UAE Child Visa in this guide.


Answering all the top questions regarding UAE Child Visa



1. I live and work in the UAE. Can I bring my children to the UAE on a residence visa?

Yes. Anyone with a valid UAE Residence Visa can sponsor a UAE Residence Visa for their dependents, this includes spouse, children, and parents.


2. Can a single or married mother also sponsor her children?

Yes, you can sponsor your children as an expat mother. However, there are a few requirements you must meet (mentioned in Q4 below). Please note that if your husband already lives in the UAE and meets the sponsorship requirements, then only your husband can sponsor your child’s residence visa.


3. Can a divorced mother also sponsor her children?

It’s possible to sponsor children as a divorced mother if you have full custody of your child. You’ll need to provide a divorce certificate and custody certificate, along with some other essential documents when applying for a child visa UAE.


4. What are the eligibility criteria?


For male Expats:

As a male expat, you should be earning at least AED 3000/month with accommodation or AED 4000/month to sponsor Child Visa Dubai.


For Female Expats:


If you’re a resident of Abu Dhabi

You’ll need to earn at least AED 10,000 per month or AED 8000 per month plus accommodation. Also, you must belong to a teaching, engineering, or healthcare profession. You may also be required to share additional documents for the visa.


If you’re a resident of Dubai

You can sponsor your child irrespective of your profession. The only condition is that you should be earning at least AED 10,000 a month. You would also need special permission from DNRD.


5. What are the medical test requirements?

Every applicant above the age of 18 has to go through a medical fitness test, in order to apply for a UAE Residence Visa. Your child will be tested for HIV and Tuberculosis and will have to pass the medical fitness test for the visa to be approved.


6. What are the documents required to sponsor children?

Below is the list of documents you’ll need to sponsor a UAE Child Visa:

  • Your child’s birth certificate. You should attest to this by the UAE Embassy and MoFA (UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs). You should also legally translate it into Arabic.
  • Attested marriage certificate.
  • A NOC (No-objection certificate) from the father, if the mother is sponsoring the child.
  • Proof of accommodation. This can be a tenancy contract or a rental agreement.  You should also get this attested through the Ejari online system of RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority).
  • Bank statement for the past three months and sponsor’s salary certificate.
  • Colored passport copy of your child
  • Sponsor’s passport copy and visa page
  • Sponsor’s Emirates ID


7. What’s the validity of the UAE Child Visa?

The validity duration of the visa depends on the type of sponsor. It can be issued for one, two, or three years. The visa will be renewed subject to conditions similar to those of fresh visas.



8. Is it also possible to renew the UAE Child Visa?

Yes, visa renewal for child in Dubai is possible. You can renew it as soon as it expires to avoid fines.


9. What are the requirements for renewal?

The conditions for child visa renewal Dubai are the same as the one set for a fresh one.


10. Is there any age restriction to sponsor sons?

As a UAE Resident, you can sponsor your son up to the age of 18. If he’s studying in the UAE/abroad, you can sponsor him up to the age of 21. However, proof must be provided that your son is studying.


11. Is there any age restriction to sponsor daughters?

There’s no age limit to sponsor unmarried daughters. You can sponsor your unmarried daughter on your own visa for as long as you like.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.