Dubai, one of the most developed and economically stable emirates in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), is a popular destination for expatriates from around the world. As a family-oriented society, Dubai provides several opportunities for ex-pats to bring their families along with them. The UAE government offers a Family Visa in Dubai, allowing expatriates to sponsor their family members to reside with them in Dubai.
In this blog, we will discuss the eligibility, requirements, application process, and other essential information for obtaining Family Visa Dubai. We will also provide insights into UAE family visa renewal and the cost of the family visa in Dubai.
Eligibility Criteria for Family Visa Dubai
Before applying for a family visa in Dubai, you must ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. Here are the circumstances that should be satisfied:
Sponsorship Eligibility: To sponsor a family member, you must hold a valid residency visa and a salary of at least AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 plus accommodation provided by your employer. Additionally, your profession must be included in the approved list of professions for sponsorship.
Relationship Eligibility: You can sponsor your spouse, children below 18 years, and unmarried daughters. In addition, male expatriate residents who meet specific salary and accommodation criteria can sponsor their parents.
Health Eligibility: The sponsored person must undergo a medical fitness test from an approved medical center in Dubai. The test includes screening for infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B, and C.
Requirements for Family Visa Dubai
Once you are eligible to apply for a family visa in Dubai, you need to submit the following documents:
Application form: The first step is to complete the online application form and print it.
Passport copy: You will need to provide a copy of your valid passport, as well as the passport of the sponsored person.
Passport-size photograph: You will need to provide a passport-size photograph of the sponsored person.
Marriage certificate: If you are sponsoring your spouse, you need to provide a marriage certificate.
Birth certificate: You will need to provide the birth certificate of your children.
Tenancy contract: You need to provide a tenancy contract or accommodation proof as a supporting document.
Salary certificate: You need to provide a salary certificate from your employer as proof of your income.
Bank statement: You need to provide a bank statement for the last three months.
Medical certificate: A medical certificate from an approved medical center in Dubai is required.
Applying Process for Family Visa Dubai
To apply for a family visa in Dubai, follow these steps:
Complete the application form: Visit the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai and fill out the application form online.
Pay the fees: Once you submit the application form, you need to pay the fees for the visa application and medical test.
Submit the documents: After payment, visit any GDRFA branch to submit the required documents.
Wait for the approval: The visa processing time may vary, but it usually takes around two weeks.
Family Visa Cost in Dubai:
The family visa cost in Dubai can vary depending on several factors. The main factors that affect the family visa cost include the type of visa, the sponsor’s income, and the number of dependents. For example, the cost of sponsoring a wife or husband visa can range from AED 7,000 to AED 10,000. While supporting a child’s visa can cost around AED 4,000.
Additionally, the sponsor’s income must meet specific criteria to be eligible to sponsor a family visa. The minimum salary requirement ranges from AED 3,000 to AED 10,000 depending on the sponsor’s nationality and the number of dependents. It is worth noting that the family visa cost may also include additional fees. Such as medical tests, visa processing, and Emirates ID application fees.
UAE Family Visa Renewal
If you are an ex-pat living in Dubai, one of the most crucial tasks you will have to tackle is renewing your family visa. For those with a wife visa or family visa, the process is relatively straightforward. Here is what you need to know about the UAE family visa renewal process.
- First, it is essential to note that the family visa renewal process must begin before the visa’s expiration date. Otherwise, you may face penalties and even deportation. Ideally, you should begin the renewal process at least a month before the expiration date.
- To apply for a wife visa renewal Dubai, you will need to submit an application to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). You can apply online or in person at one of the GDRFA offices in Dubai.
- The application process typically involves submitting a range of documents. Including your passport, residence visa, Emirates ID, salary certificate, tenancy contract, and your sponsor’s documents. You may also need to provide a medical fitness certificate for your family members, depending on their age.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a reference number that you can use to track the status of your application online. The renewal process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on various factors, such as the number of applications received and the completeness of your documents.
- Finally, it is worth noting that the UAE government may introduce new rules and regulations that could affect the family visa renewal process. Therefore, it is always a good idea to keep up to date with the latest news and updates to ensure a smooth and hassle-free renewal process.
Renewing your wife or family visa in Dubai is a straightforward process as long as you have the required documents and follow the application guidelines. By starting the process early and staying up to date with the latest rules and regulations, you can ensure a seamless renewal process and avoid any penalties or issues that may arise from an expired visa.
However, this blog has covered all the aspects of Family visa Dubai from start to end. Now you have a clear idea of a family visa in Dubai. You can bring your family without any hassle, after following the mentioned process. But applying to get a visa is not a piece of cake. Therefore, you should consult any best visa consultant company Dubai i.e. Docman. They will help you in each step. For further information, visit docman.ae. or call us.